Mixed Martial Arts calls for a lot of kicks flying in every direction aiming to inflict the maximum pain between opponents. Better get yourself some knee pads to protect against those painful kicks on the ring. It’s all fun and games until you have to nurse an injury missing valuable training time. It is a must you wear knee pads as you train or compete in MMA.
This is a sport that calls for two opponents to kick each other to submission. It results in a lot of contacts that is meant to inflict maximum damage. It is why you have to be well protected throughout the bout. Knee pads are important especially as a beginner in MMA and your body is not used to the high impacts yet. It takes years of training and competing to be conditioned, and even then you still need to wear protective gear. Seasoned fighters get injured too you know.
Wearing knee pads ensures you remain confident throughout because you are well protected and do not have to worry about injuries. Feeling protected keeps you going and you can focus all your attention in the training or match at hand. Having confidence is the first step in giving training your all or even in winning. It helps you push yourself beyond all limits. You have to get the best quality knee pads today.
Knee pads ease your mind. You get to enjoy training or competition in earnest with ample knee protection. Do not cut corners and go for the cheap, low-quality stuff when it comes to your safety in the ring. Let this article guide you in purchasing the best knee pads to protect you and keep you participating in MMA for a long time to come. Whether you intend to train for fitness or professional purposes, get yourself the correct protective gear.
MMA training is very tough and most fighters call it quits due to knee injuries. Knee pads not only protect you from flying kicks but from mat burns as well. Do not let knee problems derail your plans to further your MMA ambitions. Protect your knee joints from trauma as you train or compete. Getting yourself the best knee pads can make all the difference.
Deciding on the Best Knee Pads for MMA
The best MMA knee pads need to have ample padding in them. There is no need to purchase them if they do not offer any protection to your knees. They should contain padding that is made from the best material which can absorb the force of a kick or fall. Your knee will remain protected from carpet burns as well. The padding needs to be light too for the knee pads to be lightweight.
2. Good Fitting
While you train or compete in MMA, you need to have confidence which comes from having the correct protective gear on. Purchase knee pads that fit well. You don’t need to keep worrying about them falling off because they are too big. You also don’t have to keep flinching because they are too small and tight. Proper fitting knee pads should allow you to perform each kick with precision offering no hindrance whatsoever.
It is important to purchase the best quality knee pads available in the market. But, especially if you are a beginner, you have to work within your budget. There are good quality knee pads for amateurs that are well priced and will offer you ample protection. Take your time to go through the examples offered in this guide and even do more research before committing to a certain brand.
4. Proper Stitching
A good pair of knee pads should last you for some time before you need to replace them. Besides being well padded, they need to have top-notch finishing. The stitching should be able to hold together through any range of motions. You do not want to keep worrying about the seams busting as you battle your opponent or train.
5. Breathable Material
Knee pads need to be made with quality breathable material. This will add to your comfort ensuring ample airflow as you train or battle. Being too uncomfortable can reduce your focus. Protective gear should add to your comfort by reducing the effects of heat and sweat as well.
6. Weight of the Pads
When participating in MMA, you have to be very light on your fit. You cannot wear any protective gear that will just slow you down due to its size. The knee pads you select must be very light. You need to still move with ease even after putting them on.
Quality MMA Knee Pads
1. Bodyprox Protective Knee Pads
his pair of top-notch MMA knee pads is manufactured by the Bodyprox Company. The design is appealing to both men and women. It comes in two sizes of S/M (Small/Medium and Large). The inner padding is made using premium quality foam. The outer cover is made from breathable fabric that keeps your knees dry and cool. The pair of knee pads are very lightweight allowing you to make easy and fast movements.
The knee pads will keep your knees warm and comfortable. Your knee joint is protected from stiffness and injury as you train or compete. It has an ergonomic design making it easy to grip. It is non-slip and you do not have to worry about them slipping off during your sessions. Once you have them on, you do not need to keep readjusting them.
- Premium padding
- Well priced
- Breathable fabric
- Two available sizes
- One color (black)
- 1 Pair Kneepads (Left and right), Unisex design, two sizes available. Polyester 45%/ Rubber 25%/ EVA 30%, Latex Free.
- Your Safety is Our Priority-made of high-density strengthen foam, good elasticity, breathable fabric keeps skin dry, and more comfortable.
- Ergonomic design, super lightweight, provides freedom of movement. An ideal knee protector for outdoor sports.
- Protect and Prevent knee injuries during exercise. Keep warm, prevention and reduction of stiff muscles and joints. Effectively impact resistance, increase blood circulation.
- Great Grip, Non-Slip Feature! Easily put the knee pads on and forget that you had them on! That’s how comfortable it is whilst in use. No constant re-adjustment needed as it firmly hugs the knee!
2. Venum Kontact Lycra/Gel Knee Pads
The knee pads are designed to be wrapped around your knees for absorption on impact. It comes in one color (black) but has a cool Venum logo design which comes in 7 shades. The knee pads are available in 3 sizes including Small, Medium/Large and Extra-large. They have a very comfortable and slim fit. They also offer lateral support to your knees.
The inner padding is made from top quality foam offering ample protection. The outer material is breathable leaving you feeling cool and comfortable always when you have them on. They also have air vent holes increasing the flow of air to your knees. The inner part of the pads that comes into contact with the skin of the knees is made from terry-loop fabric. This adds to their comfort.
- Not heavy
- Maximum absorption
- Size variety
- Cool logo
- Air vent holes
- Loose stitching
- Logo peels off
- Anatomical wrap-around padding providing high-impact absorption, lateral support and a slim, comfortable fit
- Air-vent holes for greater breathability
- Inner terry-loop fabric for maximum comfort and absorption
3. GRANDCOW Knee Pads
These knee pads can be used by children, youth and adults. They have a thick sponge that is adjustable and offers ample protection to the knees. The inner padding has is soft sponge that is resistant to high impact guarding against injury and pain. It also has thick top quality dense foam which guards against force and aids in blood circulation.
The design appeals to both males and females. The knee pads have a set knee circumference they can fit which is between 15-21 inches. They have a simple design that is easy to wear and are light. They have a breathable material that allows ample air circulation leaving you feeling comfortable. The knee pads help retain heat keeping your knees warm.
- Unisex design
- Soft comfortable sponge
- Dense protective foam
- Breathable material
- Aids blood circulation
- Small fitting
- Black only
- An ideal knee Pads protector for gardening Floor cleaning construction work, and for dancing, volleyball, basketball, football badminton,skateboard snowboarding wrestling crawling soccer for adult Kids Youth men and women
- Adjustable Thick Sponge airsoft Pain Relief Impact Resistance Knee Pads for Kids Youth Outdoor Sport
- High-density strengthen foam, effectively impact resistance, increase blood circulation.
- Unisex design, fit for 15-21 inches leg circumference(knee above 4 inches).
- Package: 1 pair knee pads (left and right).
4. NoCry Professional Knee Pads
These knee pads have a gel core that is soft and combined with premium quality EVA foam padding. They both offer ample protection to your knees as you train or compete. They come equipped with a poly-shield. It is thick and protects against any injuries. They are stitched with high-quality nylon increasing their durability. They also have mesh made from polyester that breathes well offering additional comfort.
The NoCry Company offers an exchange for any defective product. The knee pads have easy to adjust straps and good ergonomic grip design. They also have a quick-release button on each knee pad, you can be able to adjust them for a perfect fit that will not easily slip off.
- Quality nylon stitching
- Soft gel core
- Thick EVA foam
- Breathing mesh
- Adjustable for a better fit
- Easy to clean
- Loose attachment rivets’
- Limited color (Black)
- EASY TO ADJUST FOR A TIGHT, SECURE FIT. Flexible neoprene straps and an ergonomic design keep the knee pads snugly in place all day long. Plus, the quick release slip buckle clips make putting on and taking off your pads a snap
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT AND SAFETY. Soft gel core and durable EVA foam padding cushion your knees for hours on end. A heavy-duty thick poly shield protects against cuts or scrapes on any terrain
- USE AT HOME OR ON THE JOB. Ideal for working on concrete and hardwood floors, construction work, flooring and carpet installations, welding, stocking shelves, gardening, cleaning, and more
- BUILT TO WITHSTAND HEAVY USE. Heavy-weight nylon thread ensures long-lasting durability. 600D polyester mesh breathes for all-day comfort
- IMPORTANT. We’ve discovered an issue with the attachment rivets popping off when in use. We have managed to reduce the rate of these defective knee pads considerably, but not yet completely. We feel very bad about it and are actively working on solutions. If you receive a defective product, contact us, and we will immediately send you a replacement unit for free. No return required.
5. Knee Pads for Work by Thunderbolt Elite Series 2
It has a Thundershield designed for maximum protection. It is heavy duty and does not slip off. It protects your knees against abrasions as you train. It has high quality reinforced stitching which ensures it lasts longer after purchase. It is fully adjustable with a quality fastening system that keeps it in place.
The knee pads are ergonomic which ensures they bring you more comfort and support. They have a soft gel-core mixed with high-grade dense foam for added protection. They are easy to clean and maintain. You can use them outside the gym as well to still protect your knees as you garden, clean or do repair work.
- Gel core
- Dense foam
- Heavy-duty shield
- Firm grip
- Good pricing
- Not heavy
- Reports of loose stitching
- Limited color (black)
- Not ideal for daily use
- THUNDERBOLT ELITE SERIES II: LATEST VERSION. The Original Non-Slip Knee Pad. High quality construction, upgraded materials and super reinforced stitching. Made for long lasting comfort and protection.
- HEAVY DUTY NON-SLIP THUNDERSHIELD designed to protect knees and damage to clothing while preventing abrasions to surfaces. Protects against nails, screws, glass and debris.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN delivers extra comfort and support to patellar tendon below knee and quadriceps above knee. Soft gel core and thick engineered foam core provides superior protection.
- PROFESSIONALS CHOICE for Tools, Work, Construction, Concrete, Tile and Wood Flooring Installers, Carpet Installation, HVAC, Gardening, Carpentry, Welding, Roofing, Stocking Warehouse and Grocery Shelves, Mechanics, Tactical, Roofing, Tiling, and Cleaning
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE Pro fastening system gives secure snug fit for all-day comfort. Quick and easy to put on and take off. Includes free 7" extension straps! Will fit EVERYONE!
6. JBM Adult/Child Knee Pads
The knee pads come together with elbow pads and wrist guards. It is a 3 in 1 pack. The pair comes in 5 distinct colors including pink, blue, black, yellow and red. There are two sizes available: for children/young people and adults. They have tough plastic plates for added protection against high impact kicks and falls. The inner padding is made from a thick EVA foam which cushions the knees yet the knee pads are lightweight.
This pair can be adjusted easily using elastic straps to fit knee girths of any size. The design is appealing for both men and women.
- Color variety available
- Elastic adjustable straps
- Tough plastic plates
- Thick inner foam
- Ideal for children
- Durable stitching
- Not fitting to wide knee girths
- Made of durable, soft EVA padded material with tough plastic plates
- The most popular protection for skating and other activities
- Multiple adjustable elastic straps fit for various knee girths
- Appropriate for inline skating and riding bikes and scooters and other extreme sports
7. Contender Fights Sports MMA Muay Thai Pads
These knee pads are specifically designed for Muay Thai and MMA fighter to absorb the impact of frequent kicks. They have a vinyl outer layering which is top quality and easy to clean. The inner part of the pads has thick long-lasting foam and the stitching is durable.
They last long and do not wear out even after daily use. They have adjustable straps to ensure they stay on position throughout the training or bout.
- Easy to clean vinyl
- Dense foam padding
- Durable stitching
- Tighter grip
- Strong plastic smell
- Not breathable
- Safely train leg and knee strikes with ease with this highly rated pair of MMA Thai Pads
- Punch and kick fight shields complete with two hook and loop straps to securely fasten to coach or training partner with riveted handle to ensure stability
- Made of durable and easy to clean vinyl construction built to uphold against hard hits in your home or commercial gym
- Protect your athletes while fight training with this solid set of Contender Fight Sports Thai pads
- These target shields can hold up to abuse making them perfect for kickboxing and Muay Thai classes
Select the best knee pads before you begin your training in MMA. Do not let your first day to be your last due to injury. Many careers of MMA fighter have ended due to knee problems as a result of injuries sustained during training and while competing. You end up losing time you could spend conditioning your body too. Proper knee pads should have a breathable fabric to keep your knees cool and dry throughout. Sweaty knees are uncomfortable and you could easily lose focus as a result.
Knee pads also keep your knees nice and toasty. Cold knees can be painful. Select knee pads with thicker padding for added protection against high impact kicks. No need to save money and buy poorly padded ones. You’ll get injured in them. Take your time and study this guide. Let it hold your hand as you select the best knee pads to purchase and then learn some MMA!