In boxing, the importance of having a session with the heavy bag can’t be downplayed. This is one of the most crucial equipment a boxer can use. A good heavy boxing punching bag needs to be made from the highest quality of vinyl or leather making it durable after being used continuously. You don’t want to punch at something that will simply pop in your face easily.
When you set out to purchase a heavy bag for your home gym, be sure to read through this guide and get a clear picture of what to look for. A good heavy bag workout helps you keep fit and exercise your whole body. That’s how diverse this equipment is. It might be intimidating the first time you use it, but with practice, you can get used to it.
Check out the different brands of heavy punching bags in this guide and get one today!
What to Consider when Purchasing a Heavy Punching Bag
Punching bags come in several different weights. Selecting the size depends on your boxing goals. You may want to build more on your speed and a lighter punching bag is better for you. When you want to work more on your punching power, a heavier bag is advisable.
2. Skill Level
Take your skill level into consideration when selecting a punching bag. Are you a beginner or an expert? Some bags require you to be very skilled and fit to use them. You may not have a lot of punching power yet as a beginner and a lighter bag is the best choice to start. A lighter bag makes it easier to muster the basic steps of working with a punching bag.
3. Heavy Bag Setup
Do you have enough space to set it up indoors or do you want it outdoors? It’s important to keep in mind where you want to place it. If you have a home gym the better. In case you don’t have enough space indoors, consider getting a stand-alone bag setup to place outside when you want to train.
As you select a good quality punching bag, keep the price range you want in mind. Select a bag that is within your purchasing power and get started in your boxing journey today!
5. Filled or Unfilled
As a beginner, going for a filled bag is the better option. It’s simply less stressful and saves you time trying to figure out how to fill it correctly. An experienced boxer can use an unfilled bag and keep varying the weight according to the goals they have set.
Top 7 Best Heavy Punching Bags for Boxing
1. RDX Punch Bag for Boxing Training
This heavy bag is heavy-duty and well-constructed equipment designed to withstand an intense beating. It is part of a 14 piece set equipping you with everything you need to train at home. The inner layer of the bag is filled with torn clothing material which is an ideal filling for reducing chances of injury.
The covering of the heavy bag has an inner layer made from high-quality polyester that is highly durable and doesn’t wear easily. The outer cover is made using top-grade water-resistant leather which is important to not absorb any liquid into the textile filling.
- Textile filling to protect against easy injuries
- Durable leather hide
- Comes as a set
- It has quality polyester inner layer
- Problem keeping bag stable
- Incidence of collapsing bag after punching
- 1 x RDX 16 Gauge Heavy Duty Powder Coated Steel 1.5ft Long Wall Pro Bracket, 1 x RDX 18 Gauges High-grade Powder Coated Steel Heavy Ceiling Hook
- 1 x Pair of Hand Wraps, 1 x Steel chains, 1 x Swivel, 1 x Jump rope, 1 x D-Shackle
- 1 x RDX Fixture and fittings, 1 x Hand Gripper, 1 x Boxing Glove (Mini) for hanging,
- 1 x Hook for Punch bag Strap, 1 x Boxing Glove Key ring
- 1x RDX Bag Gloves padded with Gel foam padding and 1 x G-Core twinned layer non tear filled Punch bag 5ft or 4ft (It's waterproof & can be used outside)
2. RDX Kids Punching Bag Filled Set
The hide of this junior punching bag is made using high-quality Maya Hide leather which is a resilient and durable material. The bag comes in the form of a set that includes punching bag mitts for ample protection. The bag is filled with torn-up pieces of clothing making is soft and not likely to cause injury.
The punching bag is strapped with a hanging chain made using top-grade HG-Steel making it have excellent holding power. The bag doesn’t wear and tear easily because of its double-stitched seams. The top closure of the bag is zipped allowing users to fill it to make the bag heavier.
- Zipped closure for weight adjustment
- Quality leather hide
- Soft filling of textile
- Quality steel straps
- Double stitching
- Missing straps and chains
- Larger gloves
- RDX twinned layer non tear Maya Hide Leather (waterproof & can be used outdoors)
- Punching bag is 2ft High (3ft with chains) with 28cm diameter
- Filled with shredded textiles that give amazing shock absorption and comes with Hanging Chain
- Exclusive deal: Maya Hide leather armours these junior Punching gloves for long life and unbreakable resiliency
- Resilient Maya Hide leather construction makes these gloves stubbornly durable and long-lasting
3. Ringside 100 Pound Powerhide Boxing Punching Heavy Bag
The outer cover of the bag is made using premium synthetic leather making it durable and able to hold together even under the most intense punches. The bag has a liner that contains 2’ foam which makes the surface comfortable to punch repeatedly. This bag is ideal for a beginner or a professional to use.
The bag weighs 100 pounds and has a soft filling and comes with a chain and swivel to hang.
- Durable material
- Foam liner
- Ideal for beginners and professionals
- Soft inner filling
- Heavy needing firm setup
- This heavy bag has a soft 2-inch foam liner providing a comfortable hitting surface for professional and amateur boxers
- The Ringside Powerhide Heavybag made of durable powerhide will hold up to your most powerful assault in your home or commercial gym
- Punching bag is soft filled to 100 pounds and measures 14-inch x 42-inch with a heavy duty chain and swivel included and a D-ring on bottom
- Perfect heavy bag for boxing, MMA, Muay Thai and contact sport athletes alike to practice kicks, footwork and punches
- Build strength, tone and condition your body with a muscle building aerobic workout, training and the right fitness equipment
4. Everlast 40Lb Heavy Bag
The Everlast Punching bag is made using top quality synthetic leather adding to its durability. It has reinforced stitching making it difficult to pop after a thorough beating. It’s filled using a mix of natural and synthetic fibers that have been sanitized. This type of filling is ideal for ample shock absorption.
The straps are made from quality heavy-duty nylon. You can loop it from both ends making it more functional. The bag weight 40Lb and is 31’ long. It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Premium quality synthetic leather
- Sanitized natural and synthetic fibers
- Reinforced stitching
- Heavy-duty nylon straps
- Used in and outdoors
- Limited color options
- Premium synthetic leather with reinforced webbing provides long lasting durability
- Specially blended filler mix of sanitized synthetic and natural fibers provides resilient shock absorbency
- Heavy duty nylon straps provide security and safety
- Double end loop provides increased functionality
5. Best Choice Products 52Lb Hanging Heavy Punching Bag
This heavy bag for boxing is manufactured by Best Choice Products Company. It weighs at 52 pounds and comes with a wrack to mount it properly for effective use. The wrack has a pull-up bar for better workouts. The inner layer is filled with iron sand for better shock absorbent and the outer layer is high quality and durable plastic. The bag is 32’ long and 12’ wide.
- Full installation kit
- High-quality material
- Sturdy bag
- Tough filling
- Not ideal for beginners
- Limited colors
- PERFECT FITNESS ACCESSORY: 52-pound punching bag is the perfect training tool and helps you strengthen muscles in the shoulders, biceps, triceps, and core
- VERSATILE WORKOUT: Wall-mounted rack features a pullup bar and helps you target the lats, upper back, and forearms to give you a full body workout
- WALL-MOUNTED RACK: Hanging feature allows you to place the bag anywhere from the garage to your at-home gym to provide a space efficient exercise area
- BUILT-TO-LAST: Constructed of shock-absorbent iron sand and a durable plastic cover that will withstand and endure every punch and kick for years to come
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 12"(Dia) x 32"(H); Rack Weight Capacity: 264 lbs.
6. Everlast Platinum Heavy Bag Kit
The heavy bag comes in a set and includes punching gloves, speed bags, and hand wraps. It is a product of the Everlast Company renowned for its expertise in sporting goods. The bag is pre-filled and doesn’t require additional filling. It is a stable bag and easy to setup. The outer layer is made using high-quality synthetic leather adding to its durability. The pristine white color makes it very attractive.
- Sturdy bag
- Easy to set up
- Quality synthetic leather
- Needs additional set up hardware
- Is Assembly Required Y Condition New Manufacturer Part Number 41071004 Color Silver Model 41071004 Brand Everlast Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 46.00 x 13.50 x 13.50 Inches
7. Everlast Traditional Heavy Bag Kit
The heavy bag comes in a kit with heavy bag gloves, and hand wraps. It weighs 70 pounds and is 52’ long. It is stuffed using quality sanitized natural and synthetic material mixed with sifted sand. It comes with a customization chain to enable you to adjust the height as required. It has a bungee cord for additional resistance.
- Comes with gloves and hand wrap
- Quality inner mixture
- Adjustable height
- Missing items on delivery
- Kit includes 70-Pound, heavy bag, heavy bag gloves, 108-Inch hand wraps
- Heavy bag stuffed with a custom filling of natural and synthetic fibers blended with sifted sand
- Heavy Bag gloves and wraps for protecting your hands against the abrasion of the bag
- Adjustable height customization chain; 100 pounds bag is approximately 52" in height with a 14.5" diameter.
- Bungee cord for adding greater resistance to the bag
Let this guide provide you with basic information on what to look for when purchasing a heavy bag. With it, you can do full-body workout burning calories right at the comfort of your home. The boxing heavy bags listed here are ideal for beginners and professionals with longer periods of experience.